A very stylish ring made by the well known firm Boucheron circa 1970. It is composed of a gold dome in the centre with graded diamonds on either side then two ribbed stepped shoulders. The reverse is a pierced circles design. The House of Boucheron is a French family dynasty founded by Frederic Boucheron in 1858, during the heyday of the Second French Empire. He created his atelier in 1866 and a year later won the Gold Medal during the Exposition Universelle in 1867. In 1893, Frédéric Boucheron became the first jeweller to move to Place Vendôme. Legend has it that he chose 26 Place Vendôme, where Boucheron remains to this day, because it was the sunniest corner of the square. He believed that the diamonds in the windows would sparkle all the more brilliantly. In 1893, Boucheron opened a store in Moscow, later transferred to Saint Petersburg in 1911. In 1903 a store in London and an office in New York. More store openings followed in Japan in 1973, Shanghai, Dubai in 2005, and finally Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur in 2006.
Boucheron was a family business; after the death of its founder Frédéric Boucheron in 1902, his descendants took over the business. In 1994, the family business shifted to a more global approach with its selling out to Schweizerhall. The House of Boucheron was then acquired by former Gucci Group in 2000. Over the years Boucheron won many Royal commissions including in 1878 the Russian Prince Felix Youssoupoff, Queen Elizabeth II, the Maharaja of Patiala and Czar Alexander III.
This ring is a lovely example of the atelier's work. This ring can be resized, though please note there may be an additional charge to increase by more than three sizes.