A striking silver brooch with a central sunburst design. It was made during the Aesthetic period, circa 1870, in England when there was a tremendous interest in the Far East, especially Japan.
|Date & Origin||Victorian (1839-1901), English|
|Measurements||Height 3.5 cm
Width 5 cm
|Hallmarks||Unmarked, tested to silver|
You Might Also Like
Free Worldwide Delivery
– UK next working day before 1pm
– Europe 3-5 working days
– US & ROW 5-7 working days
14 Day Free Returns
If you don't like your item, return it to us for free (UK only) within 14 days for a full-money refundMore info
Free Ring Sizing
Let us know your desired size at Checkout and we will re-size your ring at no additional costMore info
Fast, Secure Payment
We use PayPal's industry-leading technology to keep your information safeMore info
The Responsible Choice
Buying antique jewellery is both ethical and eco-friendly as harmful and destructive mining processes are not needed to make an item yours. So give yourself a pat on the back!More info
Our 5 Point Promise
We always stay true to our core values, embodied in The AJC Guarantee:
Quality, Rarity, Knowledge, Peace of Mind and The Personal Touch
Victorian Silver Sun Brooch
£175Victorian (1839-1901)№ 827K
Please use this form to enquire about this item.
Alternatively you can call us directly on +44 (0)20 7206 2477 or email us at email@example.com.
Want to reserve this item?
Any item may be reserved for up to 72 hours. For longer, let us know and we will try to accommodate your needs. Reserving an item does not occur automatically so there may be a short delay while we recieve your request.
Want to view this item in person?
You can arrange an appointment at our Central London office by filling in this form.
Want to see a video of this item?
You can Skype video call us now by clicking here.
Ready to buy?
To purchase this item click Add to Basket. When you are happy, click Shopping Bag in the top right of the screen and follow our simple and secure checkout. Alternatively you can call us directly on +44 (0)20 7206 2477 to process the payment manually.
Victorian Silver Sun Brooch
£175 Victorian (1839-1901)№ 827K
If you would like to view this item in person please let us know and we can arrange a meeting at our new Mayfair home, a stone's throw from New Bond Street.
49 Maddox Street
W1S 2PQ View on map
All meetings are strictly By Appointment Only, limited to two persons and are available between 11am - 8pm.
For security reasons we can only bring a maximum number of 3 items to show customers.
To request a viewing please fill in this form:
We accept the following forms of payment:
- We accept installments on a case by case basis
- Weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Maximum timeframe 3 months
- To discuss what works for you please contact us
Concerned about security?
- All transactions are processed by PayPal, our third-party payment partner
- PayPal is highly secure, using industry-leading technology to keep your information safe
Visit the PayPal site for more information
- The Antique Jewellery Company does not store any financial information
We are pleased to offer Free Standard Shipping Worldwide on all orders
- Sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery™
- Arriving the next working day before 1pm *
- * Orders must be placed before 4pm
- Sent by Royal Mail International Tracking and Signature services
- 2 working days to Western Europe
- 4 working days to Eastern Europe
- 6 working days to the Rest of the World
- We are unable to redirect orders once items have been dispatched
- All items are fully insured and sent at the risk of The Antique Jewellery Company
- Once dispatched, your item tracking details will be provided
- All orders require a signature upon receipt
- Items will be sent out within 24 hours of receipt of payment
- We do not ship on Saturdays or Sundays
- We do not ship to a postal box address
Customs, Taxes & Duty
- We have no authority over a local country's customs department
- In most countries, duty does not apply when purchasing antiques aged over 100 years old. We will mark your purchases as 'antiques' to ensure this is the case.
- You may be liable to pay local taxes on imported goods. Usually your country will have a website or customs office providing you with the relevant rates. Otherwise get in touch with us and we are happy to look into it for you.
- Further partial restrictions on importation of items such as ours exist in specific countries. Please contact us to make sure your country does not fit into this bracket.
Africa, Brazil, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Israel, Lithuania, Pakistan, Republic of Georgia, Russia, South Africa, Turkey, and have limited shipping to Singapore and UAE
The Responsible Choice
Our jewellery is Conflict Free and Eco-Friendly and when purchasing an item from us can be sure you are not contributing to any unethical procedures.
When buying new jewellery you can never be 100% sure that they are not conflict free.
Choosing antique means:
- you are buying conflict-free
- you are not contributing in any way to a locally destructive cycle of violence, warfare, economic inequality, exploitation, and human suffering
- you can have total confidence that your money is not supporting industrial practices that destroy the environment, poison the land, or displace disadvantaged people
- you are helping to eliminate the need for more mining and lessening the demand for new diamonds and precious stones
- your item most likely predates any regional conflicts associated with the diamond trade and precious gemstone mining
- you will be reducing your carbon footprint
- you are acting as conservator rather than consumer
At The AJC we stand behind every item we sell with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and are confident that your jewellery purchase will exceed your expectations.
However, if you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we offer a Full, Money-Back Guarantee on all purchases.
- Please return the item to us within its original packaging (including padded envelope) and enclose in the pre-paid and addressed plastic envelope that accompanies your order
- Please drop off the parcel at your local Post Office® branch for dispatch
- Please do NOT post in a post box
- Buyer pays return postage
- Please mark the package as ‘Return of sample merchandise, origin UK, item over 100 years old’
- You will be responsible for arranging to have the item(s) returned to us, and for any costs incurred
- We strongly recommend that you use FedEx to return your items to us, as we are not responsible for items which do not reach us
- Please be aware that international customs duties and sales taxes are NOT refunded for shipments outside the European Community (EU)
We will accept returned goods for a refund under the following conditions:
- Please email or telephone us within 14 days of receipt of the item/s to let us know of your intention to return the item
- Please return the item/s to us within another 48 hours via a secure and insured service, at your expense
- Items must be returned in the same condition as they were in when received by you - damaged, broken or altered items (including re-sizing) will not be accepted for a refund
- We will refund the full purchase price of the item/s within 48 hours of receiving the item
- The refund will be in the same form as the original payment. If paid via credit card, please allow a few days once the refund is processed to show on your statement, depending on your issuing bank
- Please make sure you get in touch with us before returning any purchase
The AJC Guarantee
We value our customers' peace of mind over everything.
We therefore created our 5 point promise.
We take great pride in our collection of antique jewellery, one that embodies only the very best from across the ages. Under no circumstances will you find any reproductions and, unless stated clearly, all our items are in good condition and 100% original, free from enhancements.
All our items are one-offs, quite often commissions, meticulously handmade by skilled craftsmen of old. With the steady increase in international, mass-produced jewellery, our antique jewellery has a timeless beauty and charm that simply cannot be replicated.
With over 35 years of experience in the London trade, Olly Gerrish has a reputation as one of London's leading antique jewellery authorities; only the best examples from her stock are selected for the site.
4. Peace of Mind
Investing in a piece of antique jewellery can be a daunting process. We value our customers' confidence and peace of mind above all and strive to uphold a culture of trust and decency at all times. Our reputation for providing expert advice and support for our customers should reassure prospective customers. Should a customer for any reason be unhappy with their online purchase we will not hesitate to offer them a 14 day full money back guarantee.
5. The Personal Touch
Finding the perfect piece should be a fun and enlightening experience. To help achieve this we are here to lend our customers a helping hand and provide impartial expert advice. Building lasting relationships is far more important to us than a quick sale.
Ring Sizing ChartDownload our Ring Measurer
|UK||mm / inches||USA / Canada||France||Japan||Germany|
|C||40.2 / 1.580||1½||40½||12¾||-|
|D||41.5 / 1.634||2||41½||13¼||2|
|E||42.7 / 1.684||2½||42¾||13¾||3|
|F||44.0 / 1.739||3||44||14||4|
|G||45.2 / 1.788||3½||45¼||14½||-|
|H½||46.5 / 1.836||4||46½||15||7|
|I½||47.8 / 1.888||4½||47¾||15¼||8|
|J½||49.0 / 1.941||5||49||15¾||9|
|L||50.2 / 1.992||5½||50¼||16||-|
|M||51.5 / 2.042||6||51½||16½||12|
|N||52.8 / 2.092||6½||52¾||17||13|
|N½||54.0 / 2.146||7||54||17¼||14|
|O½||55.3 / 2.196||7½||55½||17½||15|
|P½||56.6 / 2.249||8||56¾||18||16|
|Q½||57.8 / 2.300||8½||58||18½||17|
|R½||59.1 / 2.350||9||59¼||19||18|
|S½||60.3 / 2.400||9½||60½||19½||19|
|T½||61.6 / 2.463||10||61¾||20||20|
|U½||62.8 / 2.504||10½||62¾||20¼||22|
|V½||64.1 / 2.567||11||64¼||20¾||23|
|W½||66.0 / 2.608||11½||66||21||24|
|Y½||67.3 / 2.658||12||67¼||21¾||25|
We are pleased to offer complimentary sizings on all ring purchases, undertaken by one of the best jewellers in the business.
- Our offer is only valid on the first ring purchase per customer.
- Thereafter, ring sizings are charged at £60 each.
- Sizings usually take 2-3 working days but can vary depending on our jeweller's workload. We always try and get rings sized as quickly as possible.
- We have marked clearly beneath our items which rings can be sized. If you are unsure please let us know.
- Certain rings are not able to be sized due to their design, eg. eternity rings or Georgian rings with ornately carved shanks. In these cases we feel the integrity of the rings would be damaged if sizing took place.
Don't know your size?
- You can find out your ring size now by downloading our nifty Ring Measurer Thingy.
Don't know her size?
Sometimes it can be tricky finding out her size without being caught. In these circumstances we recommend saving your free sizing until after you've proposed orthe recipient has received their ring. Just send your ring back to us via secure post or visit us at our London showroom and we will measure your partner's finger and take it to get sized. Free sizing will remain valid for 1 year after purchase.
AJC Bespoke Packaging
All our items will arrive in our signature blue AJC boxes.
We want to make buying antique jewellery not just a transaction but an experience.
Every AJC purchase is housed in a high-quality, bespoke AJC box, along with a handwritten note confirming the piece's authenticity. If you would like to include a personal note to the recipient, then you can add this during checkout.