18ct Gold Enamel Cross Charm
A solid 18ct gold and red and white enamel cross. It has 5 enamel shields on one side, and the words “Inter Arma Caritas” – meaning “In War, Charity”, on the other. This is the motto of the International Committee of the Red Cross.Written by Olly Gerrish
|Measurements||Approx ⅝ in / 1.8 cm height x approx ⅝ in / 1.8 cm width|
|Date & Origin||Victorian (1839-1901), English|
You might also like...
Interested in finding something similar to purchase? Constantly buying, we add to our website collections daily so something may be just around the corner. Or, as we continue to buy, we will keep your requests in mind.
While every piece of antique jewellery is often unique, we are happy to notify you if we find something similar. Please note the specifics in the form on the right and include a price range if desired. The more information you provide, the better we can be of assistance.
Alternatively you can call us directly on +44 (0)20 7206 2477 or email us at email@example.com.
Shop 158 Grays
58 Davies Street
London W1K 5LP View on map
Our shop is situated in the world-famous Grays Antiques Centre, home to one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of fine antiques, jewellery, and vintage fashion.
Monday – Friday, 10.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday, 11.00am – 5.00pm
We are the shop at the bottom of the main stairs to the left, with 'The Antique Jewellery Company' on its fascia
We accept the following forms of payment:
- We accept installments on a case by case basis
- Weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Maximum timeframe 3 months
- To discuss what works for you please contact us
Concerned about security?
- All transactions are processed by PayPal, our third-party payment partner
- PayPal is highly secure, using industry-leading technology to keep your information safe
Visit the PayPal site for more information
- The Antique Jewellery Company does not store any financial information
We are pleased to offer Free Standard Shipping Worldwide on all orders
- Sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery™
- Arriving the next working day before 1pm
- Sent by Royal Mail International Tracking and Signature services
- 2 working days to Western Europe
- 4 working days to Eastern Europe
- 6 working days to the Rest of the World
- We are unable to redirect orders once items have been dispatched
- All items are fully insured and sent at the risk of The Antique Jewellery Company
- Once dispatched, your item tracking details will be provided
- All orders require a signature upon receipt
- Items will be sent out within 24 hours of receipt of payment
- We do not ship on Saturdays or Sundays
- We do not ship to a postal box address
Customs, Taxes & Duty
- We have no authority over a local country's customs department
- In most countries, duty does not apply when purchasing antiques aged over 100 years old. We will mark your purchases as 'antiques' to ensure this is the case.
- You may be liable to pay local taxes on imported goods. Usually your country will have a website or customs office providing you with the relevant rates. Otherwise get in touch with us and we are happy to look into it for you.
- Further partial restrictions on importation of items such as ours exist in specific countries. Please contact us to make sure your country does not fit into this bracket.
Africa, Brazil, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Israel, Lithuania, Pakistan, Republic of Georgia, Russia, South Africa, Turkey, and have limited shipping to Singapore and UAE
At The AJC we stand behind every item we sell with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and hope that your jewellery purchase exceeds your expectations.
However, if you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we offer a no-quibble full money-back guarantee on all purchases.We will accept returned goods for a refund under the following conditions:
- Please email or telephone us within 14 days of receipt of the item/s to let us know of your intention to return the item
- Please return the item/s to us within another 48 hours via a secure and insured service, at your expense
- Items must be returned in the same condition as they were received by you - damaged, broken or altered items will not be accepted for a refund
- We will refund the full purchase price of the item/s within 48 hours of receiving the item
- The refund will be in the same form as the original payment. If paid via credit card, please allow a few days once the refund is processed to show on your statement, depending on your issuing bank
- Please make sure you get in touch with us before returning any purchase
We value our customers' peace of mind over everything.
We therefore created our 5 point promise.
We take great pride in our collection of antique jewellery, one that embodies only the very best from across the ages. Under no circumstances will you find any reproductions and, unless stated clearly, all our items are in good condition and 100% original, free from enhancements.
All our items are one-offs, quite often commissions, meticulously handmade by skilled craftsmen of old. With the steady increase in international, mass-produced jewellery, our antique jewellery has a timeless beauty and charm that simply cannot be replicated.
With over 35 years of experience in the London trade, Olly Gerrish has a reputation as one of London's leading antique jewellery authorities; only the best examples from her stock are selected for the site.
4. Peace of Mind
Investing in a piece of antique jewellery can be a daunting process. We value our customers' confidence and peace of mind above all and strive to uphold a culture of trust and decency at all times. Our reputation for providing expert advice and support for our customers should reassure prospective customers. Should a customer for any reason be unhappy with their online purchase we will not hesitate to offer them a 14 day full money back guarantee.
5. The Personal Touch
Finding the perfect piece should be a fun and enlightening experience. To help achieve this we are here to lend our customers a helping hand and provide impartial expert advice. Building lasting relationships is far more important to us than a quick sale.
Ring Sizing ChartDownload our Ring Measurer
|UK||mm / inches||USA / Canada||France||Japan||Germany|
|C||40.2 / 1.580||1½||40½||12¾||-|
|D||41.5 / 1.634||2||41½||13¼||2|
|E||42.7 / 1.684||2½||42¾||13¾||3|
|F||44.0 / 1.739||3||44||14||4|
|G||45.2 / 1.788||3½||45¼||14½||-|
|H½||46.5 / 1.836||4||46½||15||7|
|I½||47.8 / 1.888||4½||47¾||15¼||8|
|J½||49.0 / 1.941||5||49||15¾||9|
|L||50.2 / 1.992||5½||50¼||16||-|
|M||51.5 / 2.042||6||51½||16½||12|
|N||52.8 / 2.092||6½||52¾||17||13|
|N½||54.0 / 2.146||7||54||17¼||14|
|O½||55.3 / 2.196||7½||55½||17½||15|
|P½||56.6 / 2.249||8||56¾||18||16|
|Q½||57.8 / 2.300||8½||58||18½||17|
|R½||59.1 / 2.350||9||59¼||19||18|
|S½||60.3 / 2.400||9½||60½||19½||19|
|T½||61.6 / 2.463||10||61¾||20||20|
|U½||62.8 / 2.504||10½||62¾||20¼||22|
|V½||64.1 / 2.567||11||64¼||20¾||23|
|W½||66.0 / 2.608||11½||66||21||24|
|Y½||67.3 / 2.658||12||67¼||21¾||25|
All our items will arrive in our signature blue AJC boxes.
We want to make buying antique jewellery not just a transaction but an experience.
Every AJC purchase is housed in a high-quality, bespoke AJC box, along with a handwritten note confirming the piece's authenticity. If you would like to include a personal note to the recipient, then you can add this during checkout.